1958 Notin French Caravan
Saint Augustine, FL 95626
17’ long, 1300 lbs.
I AM NOW SELLING THE LAST ONE OF MY PRIZED VINTAGE TRAILER COLLECTION, AND THIS ONE IS VERY SPECIAL
"TOWING SURPRISE ALERT.
DID YOU KNOW THAT THE TOWING CAPACITY OF MOST SMALL CARS, TRUCKS, AND SUB COMPACTS
EXCEED WHAT THIS INCREDIBLE 17’ CARAVAN WEIGHS—ONLY 1300LBS."
For as long as I can remember I have been interested in vintage cars and campers. Eventually this led to my establishing the Vintage
Trailer Museum in northern California. The museum included American travel trailers from the 20’s to the 60’s, never giving
thought to the possibility of Europeans going camping—DUH!
Instead of “trailers” or “campers”, the Europeans call their campers “caravans” And Notin, one of the French manufacturers, actually
just celebrated their 100 yr. anniversary.
Well, about 10 years ago, this 1958 Notin Caravan pulled in next to me at a vintage trailer rally. I was blown away, as was my wife. This was
the first time the owner had it out after a rocky experience of shipping it over here from Europe. I had to have it… she said “NEVER”. “It’s a
keeper and will never be for sale.”
Well years later I received a surprise. She was moving and I had first dibs on the Notin. Sooooo home it came!
Well, I have since sold the trailer museum and moved to Florida. Due to lack of space, I am now selling this incredible French Caravan.
Check out all the photos and especially take note of the following.
1. Overall excellent condition.
2. New toilet and plumbing
3. New underlayment and correct period looking Marmolium flooring.
4. All cabinetry in excellent condition, including original cabinet hardware.
5. All interior paneling in excellent condition and has a unique stippled texture
6. Kitchen roll up door works perfectly and hides the kitchen
7. Original European cook top
8. Front dinette converts to small bed for kids.
9. Back couches convert to 2 single beds or one large double bed
10. Both the kitchen area sink and the bathroom sink work perfectly and are hooked up to
11. The toilet hook up is complete and ready to attach to park hookup.
12. Black tile wallboard in bathroom is original and perfect.
13. All elect inside is 12v . with 3 110v outlets.
14. New Progressive Dynamics Intelli-Power 30Amp. converter charger. Converts 110v to
12 and charges battery.
15. Has original propane stove, kitchen sink and faucet, bathroom sink and faucet.
16. Original wheels and hub caps. Tires are new. (In addition I have two new spare wheels
17. Trailer has original surge brakes and hitch.
18. All exterior and interior lighting work.
19. Have exterior air conditioning and heater unit that hooks up to inside vents. This is not
mounted to the trailer in any way. Sits on dolly outside.
20. One of the coolest features is the matching wood window shades that pull up from
within the walls for privacy at night.